Posted on June 14, 2022 • 2 minutes • 373 words
Pineapple defense is a simple tower defense game where you must defend you master pineapple from waves of pizza monsters.
Pineapple Defense was made in Unity as a part of a challenge to make a game that had the theme of pineapples. The game is based on the old flash game Desktop Tower Defense but changes things up with new enemy types, crazier towers, and a new strategy of placing your master pineapple and protecting it as waves come from all directions.
About The Game
There are 7 different placeable towers.
- Pineapple Cannon : Fires explosive pineapples that upon collision explode and damage more enemies around it.
- Pina Colada : Fires ice cubes at enemies slowing them down for a period of time.
- Gatlin Pineapple : Fires increasing large bursts of sharp leaves which deal lots of damage.
- Acid Juicer : Creates a pool of acid around it which damages passing enemies over time.
- Slice Thrower : Launches pineapple slices which can pierce through multiple enemies.
- Thorn Tosser : Rapidly fires a ring of thorns outwards that can pierce through multiple enemies.
- Pineapple Wall : Just a cheap wall which can be used to create winding paths to keep enemies from reaching your pineapple.
After placing your Master Pineapple you must build a maze for the waves of enemies and upgrade your towers to keep the pizza from reaching your Master Pineapple. There are a variable number of waves depending on the difficulty. The waves never stop coming and you must place your towers and think quickly or the pizza could reach your pineapple. Beware of upgrading your towers though as the bigger the upgrade the longer it takes to upgrade. Enemies start by coming from the north entrance and each wave comes from the next entrance going clockwise.
There are 7 different types of enemies.
- Normal : Basic enemies, no special abilities.
- Immune : Unable to be slowed down by Pina Colada towers.
- Group : Once killed it splits into 3 smaller enemies.
- Fast : Very fast.
- Flying : Flies over your towers straight to the Master Pineapple.
- Swarm : Lots of small enemies that come from multiple directions.
- Boss : Incredibly tough enemies. Worth a lot of money.